Monday, August 24, 2009

The garden provides

As August wains our eggplant plant (is that just me or is that sound so fun) has gone into over drive. We picked this three beauties to make eggplant parmesan. I just love how eggplants look and I never tire of picking them, which is good because I have a bunch more to go and pick today.
Of course, the garden does not provide all that we need, for instance, biscotti. These cookies were for Hubby's dad for his birthday. I used the recipe from Baking with Julia, which is one of my favorite recipe books.
We also have to have cookies for ourselves. French Macarons from Pamplemousse in Redwood City. These are rose and violet flavored. Soon, I want to try making some of these for myself. The process it quite involved, but I am sure that it will be worth it.

No comments: