Thursday, August 27, 2009

Counting Sheep

When I saw the pattern for this bag in I (Heart) Felt, by Kathleen Taylor, I knew that I had to make it and I knew just who I had to knit it for. My mom loves sheep, she even had a pet ewe once (I am so serious about that she loved that Ewe), so this is the perfect book bag for her.

I also feel really on top of the world because her birthday is not even until the END of September. How cool is that I finished her gift a month ahead of time.
The handles are lime green and I lined the with a coordinating blue calico print that I had lying around. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the lining.I did make a few changes. I increased the size of the blue sky, because my mom really like blue... and well... I allowed me to buy one less ball of yarn. I really wasn't about saving money because the Knit Picks Yarn the pattern called for is really inexpensive, I just didn't want to end up with any more scraps than I had to.
I also added a pocket with one lone little lost sheep to jazz up the plain side of the bag. I sewed the pocket on before fulling the bag to the pocket should be pretty sturdy.

No comments: