Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Henny Penny

We have been having a busy week getting ready for our trip to Costa Rica next Tuesday, but I have been meaning for a while to post some pictures of my four hens. Sometime soon I will take some pictures of our coop/garden shed to post too. The first picture is of my golden retriever Jess with Chicka on his head. I really love this picture I only wish that my drying rack was not in the background. She is a leghorn and a great layer now.
Here is Chicka during her pullet phase.
This is Joan our Rhode Island Red perched on our deck chair.

Eggs!!!

2 comments:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Love the chick on the dog's head! Very cute. I was telling my husband the other day maybe we should get some chickens with the price of eggs and all....but we looked at each other and then the 3 dogs then the 4 kids and wondered who would need therapy if we did that. I have heard that chickens won't lay eggs if they're stressed out! Don't know how true that is me being a city girl and all...
Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! Loved the part "everyone in Congress needs one"!

Amy said...

Any blog post that begins with a photo of a beautiful golden retriever (chick on head or not) catches my attention. Sadly, I scroll down and read more and there are scary scary chicken photos. I'm sorry but I have an irrational fear of the things...