Saturday, October 24, 2009

Okay, stash this means war

Okay, most knitters have a love/hate relationships with their yarn stash. I, however, am not one of those knitters. I really don't like my stash very much. I find having all that yarn around worries me a bit. I guess I just feel pressured to use it up. Don't get me wrong I like having yarn with a purpose around. I have this lovely skein of almost black lace weight yarn that makes me happy every time I see it. I dont' have time to knit it up right now, but I know that I will get around to it sometime in the future. No, the kind of yarn that drives me crazy it the skeins or half skeins that are leftover when you finish a project.

So, with that in mind I am now trying to get rid of as many of those little orphan yarns as I can. I am going to either knit them or drop them off at the local senior center by April of 2010.*

*I reserve the right to keep a few of these orphans around, but only if I really, really love them or if I think that one of my girls will knit with them.

In that spirit I made an iPod cozy the other day. I only had a tiny bit of this yarn left and it was too pretty to throw out. Now I can toss the iPod in my bag and it will be safe. This is a great way to use up bit of sock yarn.

1 comment:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

That is a great way to use up some left over yarn....I've been known to give to the boys (in my insane moments) who then use it to pretend to be Spiderman. Yes, they strung their whole room once with it. What was I thinking??