Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flowers, flowers, everywhere

Twice recently I have been given flowers. I have to say that it delights me every time.
The first was this mini-orchid from my daughter. Lena walked down to the grocery store and purchased this orchid and balloon that said "Thanks." She just wanted to thank me for all I do. I am sometimes shocked at what a thoughtful kid she is.

Then I found this lovely pot of flowers on my front porch. I was so surprised and couldn't imagine who had left them. I turns out they were a thank you gift from my lovely friend Hilary for the quilt I gave her.

I also decided to press the blossoms that were falling off another orchid that I have. Even in death they were too pretty to compost. So, I got out the kids flower press to press them and I'll let you know how they turn out.

In the flower press I found these lovelies from who know when.

No comments: