Thursday, January 29, 2009

A different pace

Toddlers worlds move at a different pace than the rest of us. I had the pleasure of spending part of the day with my nephew and I had forgotten how hanging out with a toddler really slows you down. My own children have long past the phase where they are happy just meandering through the day. They have things to do and people to see. It was nice to hang out with someone is thrilled to visit the chickens two or three times.
We walked to the library and then went outside to the park. It had been a long time since I had pushed someone in a swing and I remember what a chore is was to have a toddler who wanted to be pushed in the swing for hours at a time. I also remember how relieved I was when my girls learned how to pump for themselves. Now looking back on it I really can't remember why it was such a chore!?! Funny how that works. I mean how could pushing that smiling face (see adorable baby photo below) be a chore. Ah well, we won't ask his mother to answer that question.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for watching Samuel today! Glad you guys had a good time, he was in a great mood when he got home.