Thursday, January 8, 2009

My handmade holidays

Since I took the handmade pledge I thought I should fess up about how well I did. With the exception of my kids all but two of the gifts that our family gave this year were homemade. It did get a little dicey at the end but I made it to the finish line and that is what counts. I did not post pictures of the gift as I was making them because I did not want to spoil the surprise in case any of my recipients happened to take a peek at my blog so over the next few days I will show you some of the things that I made.....Here is an Amy Butler Chelsea bag that I made. I was pretty pleased how it turned out although I am sure that I could do better now that I have one under my belt. I am still getting used to sewing with peltex.

This is a bag that I made from Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing. The inside is made from an Amy Butler Fabric and the outside is brown corduroy. I added peltex to the bag as an after thought even thought the pattern did not call for it. The bag just looked so lifeless that I sewed a box out of peltex and slipped it in then stay stitched around the top to secure the peltex to the bag.


No comments: