Monday, June 8, 2009

All in Pinks and Green (and Yellows)

It seems lately that I have been making baby gifts for little boys. I have not had a chance to make very many girl items and as a mother with only daughters I have to confess that making things for little girls is special for me. It is fun to make little boy things too, but things for girls bring back the memories of when my own girls were young.
I was happy to find out that my sister-in-law is going to have a baby girl. What a great chance to break out my Amy Butler fabric and make quilt for the little one. I am so proud of this quilt because the whole thing is made from scraps just like the quilts my great-grandmother used to make. I even had a piece of batting the perfect size for the quilt and it is the first quilt that I have quilted on my sewing machine instead of by hand.


More Amy Butler fabrics on the back of the quilt.


And a close up of the quilt before it was washed.

No comments: