Monday, February 9, 2009

Little Knitting Projects

Many knitters like to describe themselves as "process knitters" or "product knitters". Process knitters are all about the process. They try new things and don't mind starting over after finishing 3/4 of a sweater because they are learning. Product knitters, on the other hand, want the knitted item and the sooner the better. To be perfectly honest, most knitters are somewhere in the middle and I am too. After all knitting is just like "real life" (well is is a bit better that real life) and as much as we want easily defined we are really a muddy mix of things.

All that being said, I am on a "product knitting" jag right now and you "process knitters" don't know what you are missing. Quick aside for non-knitters, the product vs. process applies can apply to other areas of you life as well. Just think about is for a moment and I am sure that you can come up with something.

Here are some of the quick to knit items that just flew of the needles.*A Hogwarts hat for Lena's birthday. It matches the scarf that I made her last year which at over eight feet long was not a quick knit. The bonus was that I didn't even have to purchase yarn. I already had it leftover from the scarf. Both patterns come from this book.I also made Sara a birthday gift, a cowl for her morning bike rides to school. She seemed to like it. I mean, I don't know for sure, but she has actually worn is and for a teenager that is saying something! The pattern is here.

Okay these are a bit of a fudge. They were not quick to knit, I mean they could have been, but I really started them last summer. They just had a little bit to go so they were quick to finish up and that felt really good. I also love the colorways of Noro yarn.

*I am sorry for the lack of photo quality. My photo quality was not that good to begin with and now I am down to using a really inexpensive digital camera of my daughters until I face fact and repair (who am I kidding, I can buy a new one for the cost of repairing) my camera

No comments: