Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yarn review

I recently used some Knit Picks Simply Cotton Worsted in Marshmallow to knit up some washcloths for Mother's Day. To be perfectly honest I am not a big fan of knitting with cotton, but this yarn is undyed, unbleached and 100% organic. It is also less expensive than some of the other organic yarns, so I had to try it. Here are the results....

For a cotton yarn it was really soft, probably because it isn't has processed as bleached and dyed cotton yarns. It would work just fine for a baby blanket and you can feel good about what you are putting next to the baby's skin. I am not sure how it would work for a sweater, but then again I am not fond of cotton for garments, so I may not be the best judge. The pattern is called Chinese Waves and is a free pattern available here. One 100g skein will make two washcloths.


No comments: