Friday, September 12, 2008

Vintage Quilt

Here is the labor of love that has been taking up most of my creative time. It is a vintage quilt top that my Great-grandmother made. I thought about machine quilting it until I saw that all the quilt squares were hand sewn together. It just seemed wrong to use a sewing machine on something like this. I am nearly done with the inside of the quilt! It has taken forever to get to this point because I don't even have a proper quilting frame. I am just using an hoop. I have a nice light green fabric to use to make the binding on and I think that I will use the sewing machine to do that job! Here are three shots of the quilt squares. They are a bit washed out as I had to use the flash to get the pictures, but I just love the old fabrics.


No comments: